I am still alive… don’t panic. I told you it was a busy period.
The diamond jubilee went well, although CNN did not appear… surprise surprise. It was an absolute scorcher of a day. If you were out in the sun for more than 10 mins you would probably just be frazzled to death!
Following the jubilee there was the national holiday that nobody quite knew what it was for. We went to a set of beautiful waterfall s and swam. Swimming is really the thing to do out here!
Over the weekend I went to a friend of the families, a pastor and his family on the other side of the city. They lived right by the river and the place was pretty remote, exciting time. On the Saturday we visited another property of theirs which was even more remote than the first one! Now that was basic and certainly in the middle of nowhere!
On the Sunday I visited a Presbyterian church with the family, the format of the service was more of a Bible study rather than a preach-up, I found that interesting.
Monday to Wednesday I spent home alone as most of the family were already away at the Miceb conference and one of the other girls was staying with a friend. It was a quiet time apart from having to fight off ant invasions when I arrived back over the weekend… not fun.
On Wednesday night I flew to the Miceb conference, a missionary conference about an hour from Belem. I saw some familiar faces in John-Mark and Peter Milsom… it appears to me that wherever I go in the world I can never escape the Milsoms. It was very encouraging to hear all the different missionary reports and see how God is working in Brazil.
We arrived back on Saturday night and had a regular Sunday, although we are all very tired. This week is examination week at school so it is very stressful and busy for teachers and students alike. It is scary that in a week I will be flying home… it has gone oh so quickly!
Sorry it has taken me so long to do a blog post, I am also sorry about the lack of detail, tiredness and busyness prevents me from going into too much detail.
Thanks for all your prayers and support
Daniel
You cannot escape us hahahaha
ReplyDeleteHi Dan, prayed for you at GG tonight and for safe journey home next week.
ReplyDeleteLooks like we have now got some tropical rainstorms too!
GG BBQ 2 weeks tonight for you to look forward to.
Every blessing
John